Sunday, 8 March 2015

[Poem] That smile



Sometimes, an expression can catch your fancy, and linger in your memory for a long time. We often come across such beautiful expressions in films especially when a great actor is emoting.
I was watching a film recently.  There was a scene in which a young man was going away for a long time and as he said goodbye to his lady love -his expression was so arresting- it spoke of his love and his sadness at the parting at the same time.  I paused the scene and wrote this down, more as to record that memory of that moment.


I know that smile!
when you look right into my eyes,
your face half hidden-
the lip curl
and purse
the eyebrow lift;

I know that smile,
so close
your breath on my shoulder
I know that smile
as mine...

2 comments:

  1. Just as I know this poem as yours! Lovely, Bhuvana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Sharmila, I like the way you have acknowledged my authorship! Thanks a lot for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete